Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My little bookworms


My family had the opportunity last friday to get together with four other neighborhood families for pizza. It was great for all of us to meet more people that lived on the street with us. Since I was going to a house I had never been to before,  I thought I should grab some 'toys' for Reese since she still doesn't really play with others (she is at the age of parallel play). My instinct was to grab four books.

One of the other moms commented on Reese's ability to sit and enjoy books. The mom said her 18 month would never be that enthralled with a book. So I said I was lucky that both of my girls LOVE to 'read' books and they both spend a cumulative 3 hours a day with their nose in a book. So I was later wondering if I exaggerated...so yesterday I paid attention to how often they read books and I tried to see how many pictures I could take of them reading books in one day. (Also, in this day, we went on a walk and ran errands, and I stopped taking pictures at 2)...



Around 2 o'clock this is what the playroom usually looks like!

Also, on this particular day, a package came from 'Beppa' with a book in for both of the girls which was very fitting! Thanks Beppa!

I also took a video, but I just realized you have to pay money to upload videos on this blog (at least that is what I am gathering). So to see Reese saying book or "OOK" go to:

http://picasaweb.google.com/orthner/January2010#5431246559626411138

2 comments:

  1. Yay for reading! My two choose books over toys anyday too! What an answer to my prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] girls love books as I discuss in this post about a year ago, but I feel like now more than ever they are little readers. In the car, the only [...]

    ReplyDelete