As promised and requested here are the past two weeks, craft of the week. First is SPACE MUD!!! I loved making this as a child. I would beg my mom to buy the supplies all the time, I think until I was like 16. So needless to say I was pumped to do it again.
Space Mud
1. In one bowl mix 1 cup of hot water, and 2 ½ T. Borax
2. In another bowl mix 2 cups glue, ½ cup room temperature water, and food coloring (optional)
3. Mix together both bowls until all liquid is gone. Store in a zip lock bag.
Every kid needs to make this at least once in their life. I only allow this to be played with outside. Ours is still in great condition and it is over a week old.
The other craft was a Tinkerbell Stepping Stone. I bought, well stole, the kits from Target’s clearance section. They were only $2.49 and each kit came with enough plaster to make 4 stones each!!!
There was a picture that Brady used to aid and her painting. I was quite pleased with her patience as she copied the colors. Check out below how well she did! She even painted a border like the photo.
for those of us that have been deprived of space mud - what is it exactly? is it pretty much playdoh? and you used glue - like Elmer's glue?
ReplyDeleteadorable crafts!!! and adorable girls of course.
glad yall are feeling better.
Amy,
ReplyDeleteIt is like that glop that you buy in canisters that makes funny noises when you push it into the canister. It is a lot more gooey then play doh. And yes use school glue
I love space goo too! And those tinkerbell stones are adorable!
ReplyDeleteYes, Christy loved slime and space doh and all things gooey.
ReplyDeleteI love the girls in their masks. They are so cute. Brady did an awesome job copying the picture. The girls will need to make Caddy a new stepping stone when they come to visit. He loves the frog one with their footprints on the back of the frog.
I love crafty things...one of the little perks of being a mom that I look forward to! I've never made space mud, but from the looks on those faces, it is a must-do!
ReplyDelete