Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Swing-N-Slide

For Brady's birthday, we ordered Brady a wooden play set. It said to give at least of month for delivery, well we got it in a week. So Brady got an early present.  To save a few hundred dollars we decided to build it ourselves, even though it was a huge undertaking, I think we quite enjoyed ourselves.

This is the BEFORE pictures... empty plot of yard and lots of piles of wood (that we had to measure and sort, there was no labeling)

We have awesome neighbors that volunteered to help. So we set up water fun for the kids, ordered pizza and made it a family fun night with neighbors. 






The first night: three men, four hours, three pizzas, 20 breadsticks...




And a little last minute help from the littles
...we have a deck and three swings. Phew... this thing is a lot of work!


At the end of day one, Brady told me it was the best day of her life. She had a "water slide party and a pizza party and she got a new swing set!"
DAY TWO: Reese and I sleep in. I wake up to Karl taking care of Brady and Elli while doing this!

Karl and I work together and take turns building throughout the day. 

The end of day two adds a second deck, slide, ladder, rockwall and window.

Day three is mother's day, so we take it easy on the building and add just the picnic table.


Karl even celebrated all the hard work... only monkey bars left.

Hopefully there are years of fun and memories ahead. But honestly, I think the experience of building it together as a couple and with neighbors really created its own set of fond memories.

1 comment:

  1. Barbara DeWees aka GrandmaMay 15, 2013 at 6:29 PM

    Fun times all around for the adults and the kids.

    ReplyDelete