I am here to talk about falling in love with my child again.
The other day, I had the rare experience (especially lately with school in session) of sitting down with JUST Brady outside. Just me and her. No other kids that might possibly interrupt. Her looking into my eyes, and my looking into hers. We had a 5-10 minute conversation. But that was all I needed to fall in love. She was telling me a story about school, honestly I don't even remember what she really said. But I watched her, studied her, and learned about her all on a new level. She is different now, she is mature in a six year old kind of way, she is becoming a person; people. Then I looked back at her, all those words I was intently listening to went to a humming blur because I was struck by her awesomeness, her beauty and maturity. I was falling in love at that very moment. Yes, I loved her before, but this was a new love. A new love for her. I walked away from that conversation with her floating on a cloud because I was IN love.
Now this is why I love being a parent. I get to fall in love with the same little people over and over again. Subtle but powerful moments knock me off my feet on a regular basis. I take residence on cloud nine, because I am floating and in love all the time.
I love this post
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful post. Well said.
ReplyDeleteSo true, my friend. So true!
ReplyDelete