Thursday, May 29, 2014

Memorial Day 2014

 Memorial Day is about our fallen military service members. Our base housing neighborhood decided to celebrate those who paid the ultimate sacrifice with bike parade, escorted by the base fire truck. We were also lucky to have family in town since Elli's party was the same weekend. It was a blast, as you can tell from the pictures!






 Popsicles for all. I know I am getting weak as a momma when I am letting my barely two year old divulge in popsicles.


 It is okay, the popsicles kept them occupied so I could get in kisses for my sweet nephew. His cheeks are so KISSABLE! I hope his cheeks always stay that way!
 Family, the glue that holds life together!



Then shortly after the parade, we heard the 21 gun salute start. It is a cannon shot off every minute for 21 minutes. A 21 gun salute is a traditional sign of respect for fallen service members. Brady, Reese and I went the three tenths of a mile down the road and watched the remaining 17 cannon fires. 



It was a day strongly attached to the meaning of the holiday, in a kid friendly environment. I LOVE living in base housing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment