Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Rising 2nd Grader

This is getting real people. I am the mother of a rising second grader. No turning back now.

Let's view Brady's first and last day of school.

Now while Brady didn't sprout quite like Reese. She only grew a measly 2 inches compared to Reese's three. Brady was too busy absorbing all the teacher has to offer. Like how to read like. a. PRO! Brady advanced from a later kindergartner reader to a early 3rd grade reader during this school year. The first timed math test they took, only one kid got them all right the first try...yep, my kid! She got the citizen of the month in November and Star Student in June. She was voted "most wants to be the teacher" by her class.

I don't think I was prepared for how well public school would suit her. I really do like, no love, montessori school but for Brady the structure of public school is more comfortable for her needs. This comfort allowed her to excel to new heights. The school system identified Brady as gifted and she will be in a cluster class (about one third of the kids share the label) next year. A resource teacher will come in regularly and supplement the cluster with brain stretching material.

Next year is going to be a great year too, I can feel it!



No comments:

Post a Comment