Thursday, February 5, 2015

Orthnerisms: A Little Potty Mouth

I swore that I would treat all my kids the same, I would parent the second and third just like the first...then I had more than one child and realized that was a funny joke...haha!

So with that said, I have to admit, even though I tried to avoid this, we have used candy in potty training Elli. I still don't like the idea of it, but long story short, it works for her.

So now onto our Orthnerism of the day:

I walk in on Elli washing her doll's hands in the sink.

Elli: "Baby Elsa did peepees in the potty!"

Me: "Oh, great job Baby Elsa, I am SO proud of you!"

Then we sing our potty song in unison.

Elli: Makes her way into the kitcehn, reaching to the candy cabinet that is 8 feet in the air "Baby Elsa needs candy because she did peepees on the potty"

Me: "Well, Baby Elsa is pretend, so Baby Elsa gets pretend candy. Let's go find some in the playroom."

Elli: (still reaching towards the 'real' candy) "No, Baby Elsa wants this candy"

Me: Walking back into the kitchen with a piece of rubber chocolate "Here, Baby Elsa, this is your candy for doing peepees on the potty. Great job!"

Elli: now crying "No, I don't want pretend candy, I want THIS candy" Repeats this a few times

Me: "Baby Elsa is not real, so she must have not real candy."

Elli: Takes a few moments, collects herself reluctantly, huffs out of the room, clearly perturbed. "Well, Baby Elsa is going to do peepees on the floor!!!!"

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Oh my, reminding me of my middle one. Love that feistiness!

    ReplyDelete