I finally have decided to do it...I am starting a blog. I actually started a blog about 6 months ago that had 3 entires but I never shared the web address with anyone and then just deleted it. However now that I am in FL, I have stories all the time that I want to share with everyone so I decided a blog was the way to go...writing a blog has always been a lofty goal of mine anyways, speaking of goals...
Someone a couple weeks ago asked me "Do you ever get sad that you don't have goals for yourself?" In reference to the fact that I am a stay at home mom/housewife. I was thinking about this statement, to me the purpose of life is to love, and my life goals involve loving my friends, family and myself. So I decided to share with you my current long term and short term goals:
Long term:
1. To raise happy, healthy children: while I do for someone else, it is the most filfulling thing goal I have ever set for myself.
2. To be the best possible wife I can be: again, it involves someone else but love is about the bond between two people.
3. To stay in communication with my friends that I no longer live near, while I continue to make new friends in my new city.
Shortterm goals:
1. Lose 10 pounds: I really need this....c-section did me in! Not in LOVE with my tummy and I need to be!!!!
2. Get myself back into a hobby: I hope to meet new friends this way also
3. Get more house work done through out the day so I can have more bonding time with my hubby at night.
No, I don't have a paying job that drives any goals, but I have love all around me!
I promise that future posts won't be as serious!
I love your goals! Just because we are moms who stay at home, doesn't mean we don't have purpose, vision, or hopes/dreams!!! I love yours!!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad that you decided to start a blog- I will definitely be checking back often to read Orthner stories!!!
I totally admire those goals Christy! I'm excited to keep up with your blog!
ReplyDeleteI am excited about your blog :)!!!
ReplyDeleteYah! I am so excited you are blogging. Hopefully it will make you seem not so far away. P.S. Who would have ever asked you such a question? :)
ReplyDelete[...] first blog post was about goals. I have met five of my six goals listed. The only goal that I am lacking in is the [...]
ReplyDelete