Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Homemade and Yummy!

I decided to make  homemade applesauce with Brady. She had a blast.

 

My girls both love applesauce, but I don’t like to give it to them, because I think if I have fresh fruit on hand, that is the healthier option. I know they have to put preservatives in it since it is just sitting on the shelf in the grocery store.

 

We peeled 6 apples.

IMG_5726 IMG_5725

Boiled them in water, a little lemon juice, and a little cinnamon. Then mashed them with a fork (we like it chunky).

 IMG_5728

Then during dinner we reaped the benefits (well except Karl, not a fan of fruit).

IMG_5736 IMG_5733 IMG_5734

I also loved that the next day, I added a dollop to their oatmeal and they loved it. Then the following day, we had warm applesauce for dessert. Homemade applesauce is much easier to make then you would think…

3 comments:

  1. What a fun and healthy activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a good recipe for applesauce and the crockpot does most of the work! Let me know if you want it :)

    ReplyDelete