Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tid-bits about the Curly-Ques

I have just a couple random thoughts to share with you about my beautiful girls..

 

This is somewhat a Bradyism, but not quite…

 

  • Yesterday, I was cooking dinner, Reese napping, and Brady and Karl were hanging out at the new reading corner in my bedroom.

 

Brady runs into the kitchen: B-“Are you doing great, Mommy?” I respond “Yes, I am” B-“Okay, I am going to check Daddy out” (even though she was just with him) she runs off. A minute or two later, Brady comes bobbing back in “You still okay, Mommy?”

 

Man that Brady girl is a sweetie!

 

  • At another time when I was hanging out in the reading corner (per Brady’s request) I was reading my Picoult book and Brady grabbed a book off the shelf. She choose “A Million Little Pieces” she likes it because the cover has a hand covered in sprinkles. She was ‘reading’ it aloud. Her story went along the lines of this…There was a little girl who slammed her hand in the door. But now she is a mommy now.

 

That made me smile.

 

  • I was watching Reese yesterday and thinking boy she has REALLY grown up (developmentally) this last month. Then I thought about how when Brady was this age she did the same thing, but at the time I thought it was because Brady had just become a big sister, but I guess it just happens to all kids.

 

  • Today Brady had her post op follow up appt. It was not smooth in that it was painful for Brady to have the bandage removed, however, healing is on course. Her hand is no longer in an ace-bandage she just has a band-aid over the tip of her finger.

She is currently playing doctor on me with the supplies her doctor gave her. I have the ace bandage on my wrist. My elbow is wrapped in gauze and I have two pads taped to my shoulder. She loves playing doctor. 

1 comment:

  1. Just like her Mom who wanted to be a doctor when she was little.

    I loved Reese's singing video that you posted on picasa.

    ReplyDelete