I know I have mentioned on several occasions my daughters obsession of the Taylor Swift. But I was thinking no one, not even Karl, knows really how obsessed my 22 month old and 3 year old really are!
Remember while you are reading this, say a year ago, I did not listen to any kind of country music and I really don’t care for female singers. My ear has always gone towards males vocalist like Daughtry, Bare Naked Ladies and U2.
Let me give you some background on how this obsession came about. Karl got Band Hero for Christmas last year. He would play it with the whole family on occasion. So this past winter, Brady kept telling Karl she wanted “the girl” as the song for him to play. Well after scrolling through the playlist he figured out “the girl” was Taylor Swift’s “Love Story”. Well, Karl informed Brady “the girl” is Taylor Swift, and from there it expanded to her wanting all the Taylor songs on there to be played. Then Brady started memorizing the words to the few songs she heard. Then for her birthday my mom bought Brady a doll that sings a 30 second blub of one of the song. Then my mom realized that Reese loved the doll too, so a month later we had two Taylor dolls that sang. Somewhere in there I bought the Fearless CD and as you can tell it was pretty much downhill from there.
Let me tell you on a DAILY basis how much Taylor is dealt with in the Orthner household:
-My van’s 6-disc CD player has 4 Taylor Swift CDs in it. Both Reese and Brady ask to hear Taylor when we get in the car.
-If Brady is in my bathroom while I do my hair or makeup, she is in my garden tub which she has established as Nashville (where Taylor lives). In there she has pretend conversations with Taylor.
-If one of the girls talk on the pretend phone, the conversation starts with “Hi Taylor, how are you?”
-Both girls are sleeping in a Taylor Swift t-shirt as I am typing this.
-Both girls have SEVERAL cut outs of Taylor on their walls (Reese:10 and Brady: 42 at the last count)
-They have a Taylor Swift 2011 calendar which also has more cut-outs taped in it. They both look through it probably 4-6 times a day. A couple days ago, Reese asked for the calendar to be her good night story. Brady has already planned to bring it for show and tell, which isn’t until Nov. 16th. She practices the show and tell on us at least once a week since she got the calendar.
-My girls are allowed up to one hour of TV a day. Well, ever since there was a Taylor 3 part special on the new channel HUB, my girls have requested to watch an hour of Taylor Swift (recorded from the special) everyday.
-We have a couple of toy microphones. At least once an hour you can catch either one of them belting out Taylor tunes into it.
-If there is a magazine or newspaper, Brady will sit down and flip through every page in hopes of finding another Taylor Swift to cut out.
-If I have my iPhone out, they ask to see Taylor since I have the Taylor Swift app.
-Brady’s drawings are mainly of Taylor Swift.
-Most mornings the first words out of Reese’s mouth is “Taylor Swift”.
-Both girls can do the hand motions that Taylor does when singing live for a few songs.
-I normally keep Brady’s hair cut to around her chin, going about every 6 weeks. Well I have been informed that she wants her hair to touch her shoulders like Taylor and no longer wants to get regular haircuts.
-And yes, if asked, Brady would tell you that she wants the next family vacation to be to Nashville, even if you mention Disney!!!!
I sure I am forgetting something, but I think you got the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment