Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thankful for my Little Helpers

I know I know,  I am late on posting about Thanksgiving, but I have been busy prepping for Reese’s 2nd birthday party that is happening this weekend. But I wanted to share how awesome it was to have such helpful little cookers on Turkey Day.

 

Prepping the Oreo Cake and then giving Daddy a sample! What kid doesn’t love smash Oreos!

IMG_0516IMG_0531IMG_0536

Getting recipe items from pantry and fridge. The girls both really enjoyed this task.

IMG_0521IMG_0522IMG_0529

Cleaning and shucking the veggies. Then tossing all the scraps.

 

IMG_0520IMG_0538IMG_0548

This is the resulting spread…Doesn’t it make you want to go back a week and do it all again?

IMG_0590IMG_0624

I am thankful for my little helpers. But I am also thankful that on this year, my first thanksgiving spent away from my parents and siblings, that I was able to have great friends visiting from VA. Thanks for visiting us Melisa, Rob, Colton and Reagan. I missed my family dearly, but really enjoyed have friends I love dearly by my side.

 

Lastly, here is a piece of artwork Brady made at preschool. I love that she put she is thankful for ‘butterflies’.

IMG_0568

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I am so impressed! That looks like a delicious FEAST you put on! And Iove Brady's artwork too!

    ReplyDelete