For Christmas, Karl and I got and made stuff for the girls’ rooms. Combined with the gifts from Santa, their rooms have a whole new look. Despite not being the paint the walls since we are in a rental, I think their rooms look quite different.
Brady’s room: She as you all know is obsessed with Taylor Swift. So she wanted “a bedroom like Taylor Swift” Well I came upon with picture in my searches of exactly what a TS bedroom might look like.
While I believe this is an old photo from when she still lived with her parents, Brady (upon seeing the photo) “Yeah, I want a room like that!” I figured this is better then buying something off ebay that had her picture cheaply plastered all over the blanket.
Since Santa informed us ahead of time he was giving Brady a stage, mic stand and guitar for Christmas, I decided to make a tulle canopy for her stage instead of bed, for safety. I had plans for do faux four poster bed, but the ceiling fan interfered with that plan. Here are pictures of her room now:
We were at Hobby Lobby the other day and Brady went looking for more things for her room. I knew she had Christmas money from Beppa, so I allowed her to go for it. She choose to buy a nightstand, light switch cover and a lamp. She is very proud of her lamp which she completely picked out all by herself and it matched PERFECTLY!
A funny story about her new room setup… Brady gets to watch Taylor Swift videos on the internet sometimes. There is a song titled “Teardrops on my guitar” and it is one of the ones she enjoys quite a bit. Here is a snapshot from that video:
Here is what Brady is often seen doing with her guitar:
Reese’s Room: For her theme, I felt like I was still able to make the decisions for it. I knew if I asked her I would be told Disney Princesses for something and I refuse to do something commercial. So I went with a bedding set from Target I have had my eye for awhile. She was excited about it when we got it all set up.
Can you tell I had a BLAST redecorating the two rooms?
How fun! The stage and canopy is adorable and the owl/pink/lime green is so much fun too! You are a great decorator!!!
ReplyDeletewow, their rooms look fantastic! I wish I had some artistic ability to come up with something as creative as you! Love the images.
ReplyDeleteTheir rooms look so good, Christy! You did an awesome job.
ReplyDeleteBrady is a great shopper but we already knew that. I love the lamp and the light switch cover. You did a great job on both of the rooms. I still want some of the things in Reese's room for my craft room.
ReplyDeleteEverything is absolutely adorable. You girls did a fantastic job!
ReplyDelete