Thursday, March 17, 2011

15 days later…

REESE IS POTTY TRAINED! I want to shout it from the rooftop because lets just say what took 2 weeks for Reese took 18 months for Brady! I seriously struggled with the potty training with Brady, I had called it my Achilles heel of motherhood. I also to listen to people who did it in a very short period and thought, that is impossible, and even thought they were making up that they were able to pull it off.

 

Well, you ask me what was different this time….WHO KNOWS! I think the biggest thing was I didn’t feel the pressure I did the first time around to have it completed by a certain age. Honestly I was going to wait until Reese’s third birthday to seriously pursue the whole potty adventure since it was a headache first time around.

 

So here is the refresher on the how it all got started this time around.

 

So since that last post, the ups and downs continued but there were a lot more ups than downs. But on Tuesday she made the huge leap of knowing how to control the muscles and go on demand. So by midday she was going 5 times more then the previous week, so she could get rewarded. Well Wednesday she started telling me when she needed to go instead of waiting for my prompting. Well that means today we are in panties at home AND in public! I decided that means we are officially potty trained!!!!

 

In a 1-2 month period she has gone paci and diaper free! I have two little girls in my house now, no more babies here!

 

Reese with her sticker chart from this week, quite proud of herself

IMG_3647IMG_3651

4 comments:

  1. You go girl!!!

    I think it helps to have the big sister as a role model. What are you going to do with all that money that you are saving on diapers? Oh, I know - spend it on gas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Reese!!!! So happy for you and your Mommy!!!! Big girl panties are much more fun (and cheaper) than diapers!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for Reese!!!!! :) No pressure is the key! And M&Ms maybe ;) I started C out of curiosity really eight days ago and amazingly he has not had one accident in kindergarten, at home or out and about since then!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! Reese is definitely one proud girl beside her sticker chart!

    ReplyDelete