Wednesday, March 30, 2011

“Her injury Just Saved you Money”

In a store today, Brady and Reese were spinning around holding hands (while I was chatting with the store owner). Reese fell and busted her lip and ripped her frenulum on her upper gums.

 

Sidenote: Frenulum is that fold of skin that attaches your gums to your upper lip. The dentist says he wants to do a surgical procedure to clip to separate it. He says it was too thick and would cause her gap teeth to remain as an adult. I personally wanted to leave it because I think her gap teeth are special to her look and I saw no reason to try and change the way she looks.

 

IMG_6653

 

So back to the injury. When I noticed the ripped frenulum, I called the dentist and asked whether or not to bring her it. Long story, short the receptionist told me that Reese just gave herself a frenectomy (the surgical procedure) and just saved us the $300 dollars it would have cost to get it done! HAHAHA I think that is the first I have ever heard those words.

 

Here are some pictures of her 30 minutes after she fell. I know some of you would get a kick out of her already full lips, very swollen. Angelina Jolie has got nothing on my injured Reesey Poo!

IMG_6743IMG_6744

4 comments:

  1. Poor babe, but look at those beautiful lips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Reese, but yes, those are some full, plump, beautiful lips... very kissable indeed! And though I'm sure you never would want your children to fall, at least she did save you money:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how wow, I have never heared of a frenectomy. Sorry she got hurt but I am glad she will heal quickly. On another note, JD has a dead tooth and it is turning gray. When I get a good pic you will be seeing that lovely injury.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] putting her tooth through her lip while trying to do an air turn, yes second lip injury in a [...]

    ReplyDelete