Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pop-up Thunderstorm

Pensacola has had A LOT of the pop-up thunderstorms lately, like 6 out of the 7 days a week for the month of July. So you can look outside see cloudly, but blue skies and make plans for outdoor fun, to only find yourself in a  t-storm 10 minutes later.

 

Well, last week Reese wanted to go on a picnic. I look outside and see clouds and thought that was perfect for a picnic. By the time I had it packed 15 minutes later, I look outside and see the rain. I didn’t want to disappoint Reese and I had our lunch in bags, so I thought of this…

 

IMG_6421IMG_6423IMG_6427

 

a picnic in the master bedroom! The girls thought it was pretty cool to be eating on blankets in my bedroom and I was glad I avoided the 2-year meltdown! In the up close picture Reese is showing off her new reusable sandwich bag we bought for preschool…that is right the Orthner household is slowly going green.

 

Well, I figured out half way through lunch the real reason Reese wanted a picnic so badly… She wanted ‘daddy’s chips'.’ Apparently single serving bags of chips is something to get excited about!

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! My kids love picnics too! Great improvising Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An indoor picnic looks like lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete