Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pumpkin Time

At the beginning of this month I bought little pumpkins from the grocery store, due to Reese's request. Do you remember this pumpkin we dressed up? The girls requested to paint the other ones we had bought. They painted them as a spider, bat and two jack o lanterns. Sorry I didn't get the finished product...


Then today, the preschool had a walking field trip. The class walked to the local church pumpkin patch. They bought one pumpkin for their classroom. After the 3/4 mile walk to the patch they all sat down for a banana and triscut snack.

 Then they got to roam the patch.

 Lastly, they grabbed a group picture. I only had my portrait lens with me so I wasn't able to zoom out for the picture. Thus I only got half the kids. Brady is sitting with her best buddy from last year to her right and her best buddy from this year to her left. Reese is standing at my feet, refused to get in the picture.
 Kids for obvious reasons were not allowed to pick out their own pumpkins. So the girls asked to go back to the patch after school to pick out our pumpkins. Reese picked out the first pumpkin she saw (rather large)!
 After careful consideration Brady was drawn to the one with bird poop on it!
 Brady then went to pick out one for Karl. Here was her first choice. We decided that one wasn't carvable.
 Therefore the girls picked out this one for Karl. Still the smallest one in the batch but has carving potential.
 This last picture just cracks me up. Brady is about as girly as they get!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun at the pumpkin patch! Love the girly Brady pose, and how grownie Reese is looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to go to the pumpkin patch with you. also, I love how the girls' individual personalities always shine through in all their activities

    ReplyDelete