Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Life is great

I just wanted to stop in and let everyone know that life is great here in our neck of the woods. My lack of blogging does not mean that I have lack of things to blog about! We have had milestones reached, first (and second) ballet recitals, flash flooding that created crazy adventures, fancy nancy birthday party, fatherhood celebrated, goodbyes to dear friends, lighthouse climbed, Dewy turning nine, family visits, inches of golden curls chopped off and lots of 'firsts' for all three girls... really life is so grand right now, there isn't time left for me to sit in front of this computer, sorry to leave you out of the loop.

I will let you catch up on the last few weeks events with a sampling of pictures...Sorry I can't give you more but I have life to enjoy!

Karl's first fathers' day with THREE girls to help him realize how awesome he is as a dad
 Reese got Karl the shirt and shorts, and Brady got him the shoes. And no, I didn't pick them out, thye did 100%
 Daniel, my mom and I climbed the Pensacola light house... a reminder of how out of shape I am....177 steps

 Auntie Andi got lots of cuddles from her older two nieces. I believe she would of cuddled more with Elli but wasn't given the opportunity.
 My two ballerinas brought tears to my eyes, as Reese did her first recital and Brady did her second. But Reese wasn't the only one to hit the ballet stage for the first time, Karl joined the girls on stage for a Daddy Daughter dance.
 The day of recital and the next day we received over 20 inches of rain! Most streets were flooded, man hole covers were popped off and water was spewing out. Houses were destroyed. We got stuck on the other side of town and almost didn't make it to recital. But the next day Auntie Andi, washed all the stress away by puddle jumping.


 The girls got their first try at skating... needless to say, it was harder then the pictured it being. Brady said "I am tried of learning, I just want to do it"

Elli says she loves skating, because she gets Grandma time!
 No caption needed for this sweetness!
 After 2.5 weeks, Elli lost her umbilical cord stump. She is a much happier baby during bath time when she is immersed in the water.
 So when you are wondering where my updates are, just know I am busy soaking this up....

4 comments:

  1. Loved seeing your beautiful family and hearing about your adventures!!!! Miss you friend, but so thankful to see an update!!!! Your family picture with your 2 ballerinas made me smile :) You've got to tell us more about the father/daughter dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures are great, Christy. It looks like you are having so much fun. Soak it all in :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. simply amazing seeing your growing family. Love that beautiful picture of all of you at the recital. So glad that Grandma, Andi & Daniel got to visit too. I know they loved that quality time with you all.

    ReplyDelete