Elli has started to figure out her thumb. She has had a HUGE desire to sooth by sucking, but wouldn't take a paci. She had been trying to suck her thumb/hand but it would only frustrate her more. I would try many things, but usually resort to nursing (even if she wasn't hungry). No wonder she is 90th %ile right? Well a couple times yesterday and today I have found her actually sucking her thumb, no pro yet, but we are on the right path, which allows me to breath a sigh of relief.
Reese had her first voice lesson today! She asked to learn how to sing so that she could be on American Idol when she is a teenager. I have asked her several times if she wants to do gymnastics or soccer or dance, etc etc etc. But she insists that singing it is. Not too many voice teachers want to teach a 3 year old, but when I tell them I have no expectations (aka I am NOT a stage mom) they let their guard down. I told them as long as she comes out smiling I am happy. She LOVED it today. However, she would not share any details with me. Here is a glimpse of her mid session.
Now for my Brady girl. Yesterday, she came up to me and said, pointing in her mouth, "Is that a new tooth?" Looking in her mouth I think she is crazy...sure enough there was a point of a molar poking through. I get onto google, and reminded that there are 6 year molars, and these are adult teeth. My baby girl has a tooth in her mouth that she will be chomping on when she is 98....CRAZY! Well ironically today was their dentist appointment...she also has two loose teeth! WHAT! I think I am more excited then her. I wonder how much money the tooth fairy will bring her in a couple months ;) Get a good look at this toothful 'smile' because that is about to change!
And to top off all this excitement going on here, I went 9 weeks without losing an ounce, but in the past week I have lost 7 pounds!
So, about that title I choose for the post. I may not have a job that measures success in quantity, money earned, figures and goals reached. But I have a job that has milestones reached and smiles achieved. Well I have had a burst of milestones thrown at me at once and to me I feel like I took a step up in pay!
Whoa! That is a lot of milestones! Yay for singing, thumbsucking, loose teeth and losing weight!
ReplyDeletewhat an awesome idea to have Reese get singing lessons. Something she can enjoy and continue for the rest of her life. I know you are proud of all 3 of them!
ReplyDelete