A little over a week ago, I had the privilege of throwing a shower for my bestie from college, Kristen. I didn't hesitate to buy a plane ticket and head north to celebrate this new momma of two. Our group of eight have now officially thrown a shower for eight weddings and eight new arrivals (however sometimes they come in twos).
This lovely group of ladies are the moms of a total of sixteen kids with three more to come, that includes three sets of twins. Another interesting fact of the 16 kids, 12 are girls! Did Meredith College do something to us when we graduated to generate the next generation of Angels?I was lucky in college to have two sets of really great friends. There was my amazing ladies at Meredith College. However, I also had my fantastic set of friends at N. C. State. This group consisted of my sister, some of our high school friends and then a few new recruits. This group was about eight to ten people large as well. Here is the funny part, of this group only four are married...me, my husband, my sister and one other. And only two have kids, me and my husband.
When I thought about this one day, I honestly started laughing. When I was in college I was very defensive about what people would say about the all womens' college I regarded with high standards. "Marriage farm" "are you getting your MRS degree?" etc etc. Well, I guess I know now why people say that. My thoughts just zoom off from here, but instead of dispensing them to you, I will let your thoughts zoom off too; hopefully to a positive place.
I love my Meredith girls and all that we have become and I love my wolfpack and the adventures they have all partaken.

Love the Meredith girls too :)
ReplyDelete