Saturday, December 8, 2012

Farewell MSP

The girls had their last day of school at Montessori School of Pensacola. I knew when I looked at the school just under 3 years ago this school was special and a perfect fit for my girls, but Friday as we said our good byes that decision was confirmed.

These are the faces of the three teachers as they had to give the girls a hug one last time.




 I am not sure if you can tell in the pictures, but all three teachers were boo-hooing as they gave out hugs. One teacher was even heaving/shaking from tears as she gave me a hug. I will be lucky if I ever find teachers this compassionate about my kids again.

I did get one huge reminder from Reese. I was asking her to give out hugs to her friends and teachers to say good-bye, but Reese just kept coming back and giving me hugs. I was thinking I needed to get her to give hugs, then it hit me...she was giving hugs...to me! I was overwhelmed by ease in knowing that with this move, I will say lots of good-byes to lots of amazing people but I will always have my family by my side. I will always be able to get the best hugs there are, those from my husband and girls. "Home is where the Navy sends us" is a common phrase among us military families. It is true, I may not be in NC but I am HOME with my family.

I had to chuckle to myself though, Reese finally gave one hug to a friend, and I was shocked by what I saw.
This is the same little boy she asked for help on the calendar when she was the leader of the day the previous week.... I think Reese has a crush!

On a side note: I think the girls are unphased by this move. They are looking forward to Disney World and may not quite understand the permanence of the move. Also it helps big time that their best friend from school last year now lives in Virginia Beach. They are super pumped to be back in the same city as her.


1 comment:

  1. Glad that they are taking the move well. Kids are so resilient!!!

    ReplyDelete