Wednesday, March 12, 2014

At the end of the rainbow

After having my first child, and falling head over heels for her, I wanted to give her everything life could offer. I wanted her to have a sibling (especially a sister) that she could have a lifelong bond with like I have with my own sister. Sure, enough 18 months later she had a sister.

Their bond has been apparent from the beginning. I post about on here often. Here are the latest examples.

Yesterday, Brady was invited to play at a classmates house, that also lives in our neighborhood. Great, fine, wonderful, except this is a friend of only Brady. Remember this is their first year of school ever to not be in the same class. So, up until last fall they shared all their friends. Reese was devastated by the lack of Brady. Brady was gone for 1.5 hours at her friends house. Reese cried uncontrollably for one hour of it.

Then today, I stopped by the school to eat lunch with Brady. Brady's teacher quickly whispered this story to me.

They are working on St. Patricks day folklore in class. They were discussing the pot of gold legends. The class was asked to write a sentence "_______ is worth more than a pot of gold." Brady showed her teacher her paper. "My sister is worth more than a pot of gold." Her teacher stated "Brady, you have two sisters, you need to put an s on the end of sister." Brady replied "no, I mean just one sister. My sister, REESE, is worth more than a pot of gold to me!"

That means more to me than if she would have said me. If nothing else, I want to raise kids that love their siblings!


1 comment:

  1. So sweet, friend! It is apparant how much they love each other. We just have had a similar instance with a birthday party where only one of the four were invited. The other three had the hardest time without her :) Sweet friends...

    ReplyDelete