Tuesday, April 29, 2014

She is one-teen

I feel like this is a common theme among my recent posts, but my oh my, Elli is growing up on us. She changes daily. So blogging is my vice to get through this fast paced life. Hopefully I can freeze a small snapshot of a memory in my mind when I lay it down here. 

Elli recently made the BIG highly anticipated switch. Yep, she is looking forward in the car. The first two turned at one years old, but Elli had to 'ride' it out for an extra year. 

 One of the biggest past times for Elli these days is imitation, whether peers, sisters or adults. I mean, she is clearly doing ballet as well as this little gym teacher!
 I think she has got the posing for the camera down pat too. She does have two great role models for that too.


I feel like she will be going to school any day now...just too much for me.
 This evening was pretty busy with homework, dinner prep, ailing/recovering Daddy etc. Elli needed something to do. So I hand her 5 napkins and tell her to put them on the table.
 Done! Okay, next I give her five forks, including a recently acquired flatware from Karl's childhood. Then dinner plates one by one. Elli was over the moon to be betrothed with such an important task. She was doing this 100% on her own. No big sisters to step in as mom #2 or mom #3. Just her.
 People, look at this. My one year set the table for the family dinner! Get 'em while they're willing.
 Well, this huge helper needed her diaper changed shortly after. She was left with just a diaper on as the rest of dinner was placed on the table. No worries, she got herself dressed. Backwards and inside out, but dressed!

I am lucky to be witness to this lovely spirited child's life. It is a roller coaster of growing up. With all these ups you know there are downs too. On this same day that she did all this, she bit her sister's shoulder so hard that you can count at least 8 teeth marks in the full circle of a bruise.

I love you Elli Dew

1 comment:

  1. Looks like elli had a day of displaying the traits she got from both parents... Christy you know which one is yours

    ReplyDelete