First stop was the air and space museum. There was a observation tower for Dulles that played the air traffic controls radio. Karl tried showing them the mountains and the runways...
but they were interested in finding our van!
Another exciting part of the museum is seeing the Discovery Space Shuttle. The girls' fact they took away... the women were allowed small makeup bags!
I was personally amazed by the heat proof exterior.
For the afternoon we meet up with our friends at the local splash pad. You know that made these little ones happy.
Then for the evening a dinner gone wrong (diet restrictions are not easy) and a sleepover that included milkshakes and the movie Frozen. Again, happy, but tired little ones.
The next morning time to ride the Metro into the city. Remember getting there is half the
Reese did also request to meet the president. Unfortunately, we had to cancel on him because we were too busy.
Comparing feathers, now that is what we came to DC for. Really! It isn't what she is doing but who she is doing it with.
I said after we hiked the length of the reflecting pool "Girls, turn around and look back at the Washington Monument". Not a one cared or even heard me... What was I thinking... There were baby ducks!
Why look at that view behind us, when there is baby ducks in front of us?
I will follow this wonderful lady anywhere she moves...no, really, I will. In less than a year, for the third time I will move into the same state as her. We have done Florida together, Virginia together and soon be in Maryland (maybe) together.
Brady got to see her much requested statue. At the end of the trip home she proclaimed "My dream came true! I got to see the Lincoln Memorial!" That alone made the madness of the trip worth it. She actually appreciated the trip.
DC trip isn't complete without a food truck stop!
Such a fun visit! I hope you all come back soon! And often!
ReplyDelete