Monday, May 17, 2010

The next karate kid

As much as being girlie runs through Brady’s blood, there are some ways I can “train” her to be anti-girlie…I am just short of typing tomboy here since she will never come close to that.

 

Before I tell you the story of Brady, I must give you some background info. For those of you that are married you are going to understand what I mean when I say this. After you are married and move in together you learn all the little details about your spouse, that you have no way of learning while you are dating. Some of those details are amazing and you wouldn’t trade for the world, like Karl happily cleans and scrubs the house each week. Some details you wonder is this the person I dated, but then you just laugh, like Karl when he sees a roach or spider has to get out the Raid and spray them until they are swimming in chemicals and the whole house in fuming, then he gets the biggest wad of paper towels to pick it up so his hands aren’t anywhere near the bug. You gotta laugh!

 

So I have decided that I will teach Brady to love nature’s creatures. I know some of you are going to be surprised by what I am about to tell you, because when I tried to get her to touch a caterpillar once on a picnic she freaked out. Well when we are in the house, she is okay with bugs. She picks them up (bare-handed mind you) and tells me they are suppose to be outside. So she opens the back door and drops them outside. She does this with spiders, bugs, etc. of any sort, dead or alive. Well this morning, she saw a house fly buzzing at the window. She said the fly needed to be outside. Sure, enough she caught that fly and put it outside!

1 comment: