I have always lived by the philosophy I would rather live to be 65 and happy then 80 and unhappy and worried. Thus I am not one that tends to worry as much about if I put my sunscreen on every time I go out into the sun, or if I should be microwaving in plastic containers, or if organic foods are best for me, or the battle of antibacterial vs. regular soap and which one builds worse germs, etc. I believe that is I just don’t worry about all this stuff, that yes my life may be cut short, but the years I do live will be spent not worry about the small stuff. Just my personal approach to life and I know that none of you will be surprised if you know a little piece of my personality…
A family member of mine had an article posted on their Facebook page talking about how bad sunscreen is for you and all the damage it does to your skin. It stated that some may even speed up the process of skin cancer forming. Those kinds of articles are the exact kind of things that get people all worked up and I decide to avoid. I have to make the decision to do what I think is best for me then “PRESS ON”! You can’t worry and over think EVERYTHING in life.
But here is the thing, I know that is is 100% to live by this philosophy for ME! But I just started thinking, is it okay to raise my kids this way. Who am I to decide for them whether they should be carefree and put them at risk or if I should have to worry about whether I am microwaving their food in a plastic bowl that could be giving them ADHD or cancer or whatever the research is saying these days, obviously I haven’t read it. Who am I to make the decision for my kids?
Christy, you're their mother! Mothers ALWAYS know best! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a tough one, Christy. I think they will learn alot by watching your carefree attitude that might save them years of stress. And you know I've heard it said that worry can steal years of life too. Just like the sunscreen, worry is bad for your health:)
ReplyDelete