Friday, June 4, 2010

The Oil has hit the Beach

But more importantly, you open the door and you are knocked down by an awful odor that immediately gives you a headache. Thus no more playing outside for us for who knows how long. I have been told as soon as I could smell the oil to get out of here for my kids sake. So now I have a very difficult decision laying on my lap. So many things I have to consider when making this decision; activities that have already been planned (and paid for) for us here like our week vacation in July, taking advantage of the time with Daddy while he isn’t being deployed, having the regularity of living at home, the uncertainty of how long it will take for the oil and its effects to go away but then there is the health of my daughters to consider too.

 

Heavy heart today, I don’t know how the BP execs are dealing with this, when I only have to think about my family of four.

3 comments:

  1. thinking of you. man, that's a tough one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy...such a tough decision. Let us know if we can help with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart has just been so sick about this oil spill, and now to know of someone being personally affected by it, makes it even harder. I just keep praying that they'll find a way to stop it, and I'll add prayers for the health of all those near it.

    Such a hard decision about whether to stay or go. I'll be praying for your wisdom! Please do let me know though if you decide to come north for a bit:)

    ReplyDelete