Well lets start with the good…
While driving today, waiting at a stop light a lady honked at me and motioned for me to roll down my window. Once I got the window down she pointed to Brady in the back sit and said “I just wanted to tell you she is so beautiful”
I get compliments on the girls a lot, like I have mentioned before. Mainly people love their hair. I sometimes take this for granite. But today, to be waved down, just to let me know they thought one of my girls was beautiful really struck me!
Now, to the reason we were in the car in the first place. We were on the way to the doctor since Brady had been covered with a rash full body for the last few days. She was diagnosed with Fifth’s Disease. It is a disease that incubates for 5-7 days then manifests with a rash. However, once the rash appears then you are no longer contagious. Well, I called to tell Brady’s preschool that she was diagnosed with this infectious disease in case other parents call with a similar problem. The receptionist said oh yeah, that is the one we have to send home a letter to all the parents about…UGH!!!!
So today, we become THAT family that cased the letter to go home to everyone. At least the email they sent out said there were two cases reported which means maybe she wasn’t the one that brought it into the school.
I think one of us had that when we were little. I can't remember which one. I think it was me.
ReplyDeleteAndi, I was the one that had it. I woke up one morning with the bright red cheeks and Dad thought I had mumps.
ReplyDeleteI thought it was because slept with my tennis shoes on. Remember we used to go to sleep in our school clothes so we could sleep in longer on school days and not even have to get dressed in the morning. Well one day I thought I would really get smart and sleep in my tennis shoes. Then I woke up looking like that so I thought I got a rash from sleeping in my shoes. I was also upset because I didn't go to school that day after being "so prepared"! GOOD TIMES!!!
Was that the week before you went downstairs at night to eat a bowl of cheerios so that you could sleep in even longer without having to eat breakfast?
ReplyDeleteThe comments after the post are funnier than the post itself!!!! I can't believe you ate your "breakfast" and were dressed for school the night before so you could sleep in longer! Hilarious!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about Brady's 5ths disease. Hopefully she will start feeling better very soon! And how sweet of that lady to tell you that your daugther is beautiful. She's right!!!