Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas came Early (partly)

I put Reese down for her nap around 1 today. I checked her on the video monitor around 2. Expecting to see a sleeping girl in the monitor, I was shocked to see an empty crib. I ran to her room to see if she was okay since she obviously climbed out and I hadn’t heard from her. Well I came upon a locked door. When I got the key and opened the door, there stood my sweet girl holding her Curious George and her two pacis, as proud as she could be at her feat. How should a mother react to this new behavior? Cracking up hysterically, because that is all I could do.

 

So I kindly put her back in her crib and watched on the video monitor again to see if this was going to be a repeat behavior. Sure enough within 20 seconds she had her leg up and over the rail of the crib.

 

Well part of our Christmas gifts for the girls is new beds and bedding. Brady was going to move up into a full size bed and Reese was going to get the toddler bed Brady is currently in. Well necessity has it that the girls moved up beds this afternoon. The new fun bedding is still on hold though.

 

I think Brady was a lot more excited about this new sleeping situation then Reese.

 

IMG_0755IMG_0756IMG_0762

Tonight Reese stayed in her bed for about a minute, then opened her door came out to me and said “all done mommy.” SO I sat in there with her for 20 minutes while she fell asleep. Then I kissed her sweet little hand whisper good night without her stirring at all. Then when I shut her door, I heard her say a few words, and I held my breath! About a minute later she was back asleep. Brady is currently sleeping with her feet on her pillow and head at the feet. I don’t think she knows what to do with all that bed!

 

Tonight is the first night in about 3 and a half years that I don’t have a ‘baby’ in a crib! They are growing up on me, and I am loving every minute of it!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What big girls!!!! My older two never climbed out of their cribs, but I'm not putting it past my littler ones! Who knows with those two?!? Anyway, so happy for your girls. Sounds like they are adjusting well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I remember the afternoon Connor did a summersault of his crib! SCARY! ;) We skipped the toddler bed, and he's been sleeping in a BIG, regular bed ever since. To this day though, he DOES NOT get up to play or boycott naps. He still calls for us to get him up ... still not sure if it's a blessing or nuisance :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get over how Reese got out of her crib (safely!!). Luckily after JD's big fall out of his crib he no longer stands in the crib, he just gets up on his knees. :) We are preparing for the transition to the toddler bed and I'm sure we will be calling for pointers from Reese.

    ReplyDelete