Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 1/1/11!

oh and Happy New Year too! How did you bring in the new year?

 

My father was in town after doing a job in AL, thus Karl and I got to go on our second date of the year. Yep, you got that right July 9th and Dec. 31st were our two dates. Back in a July we went to dinner and then saw a movie (animated of course). Last night we got in the car at 5 and looked at each other not really knowing what to do with ourselves.

 

IMG_6478

Here I am in my new jeans, with my new jewelry and purse ready to go!

So we had dinner at Ruby Tuesday, we couldn’t decide on a movie so we went to Target bought Slumdog Millionaire for like $4 (a lot cheaper than a movie in theater!) and then hit Wendy’s for some frostys. We were home by 7:30! But here is the funny thing, we had a blast enjoyed each other and didn’t feel like we were missing out on anything by not doing anything else.

 

At one point in the date, I asked Karl, “I feel like I am suppose to be super excited to get away from the kids, but what is it I am suppose to be excited about?”  Karl’s response: “We are lucky Christy, we have really good kids!” I think about people saying they enjoy finally having a meal without kids nagging them, well are girls are great at meals, even when they have to wait for others to finish. Or about how they want to have an adult conversation without being interrupted, again Karl and I don’t feel like this is lacking in our lives either. So you want to know what made me the most excited during our date…. when we got to park at the back of the parking lot at Target and casually stroll in. I have always loved parking far away and enjoying the outdoors on the way into a store. With kids I feel like it is hard to carry one and hold the others hand with a purse, so I try to park close.

 

Anyways, Karl and I continue our date at home with our DVD we bought and then watch Pensacola’s pitiful excuse for a countdown on TV.

 

We are happy to welcome a new year, but we look back and realize that we had a GREAT 2010! There isn’t much Karl and I want to change about our lives.

 

New Years Resolution this year: Take over the bills and budget for us and do better about my spending. Thank goodness Karl gets 3 raises this year! Just kidding!

2 comments:

  1. awesome! we feel the same way about being away from our kids. we are able to enjoy the other one's company a bit more intensely but we don't feel "relieved" to be away from our kids. glad yall had a great time :) happy 2011. i hear you on the budgeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leave it to my math friend Christy to realize that it is 1/1/11 :) Happy New Year to you too!

    So glad that you had a fun date with Karl. Sounds like it was spent just right:)

    ReplyDelete