I am going to chronicle our Disney World trip day by day. I am going to add lots of details so we can remember all the magic we felt while in Orlando. Please bear with me because these posts will get lengthy.
We left for Disney World on Tuesday August 30th. The girls spent the morning at preschool while Karl and I dropped off the dogs and packed the van. When we picked up the girls from school we had a surprise tin box with goodies. It had squeeze applesauce (why do kids love these?), Cinderella squinkies and mini board books.
After a LONG day in the car, we made it to Disney World at dusk. We wanted to be there in day light so the girls could see everything but we barely missed the mark. Below is the first sign we saw telling us we were finally there (after MONTHS of planning).
I love the two shots below because it shows in a nutshell how the girls responded to Disney.
We stayed at the Contemporary. We didn’t stay in the building that the monorail goes through but right beside it. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel. It is walking distance from Magic Kingdom.
While I was checking in at the lobby, the girls were going CRAZY. They were excited to be there and had been in the car all day. They were throwing themselves all over the place.
Then we got to the room and there was a message from the clubhouse friends singing happy birthday.
Reese LOVED the soap with Mickey ears on it. She went to the bathroom like 6 times that night just so she could wash her hands.
Princess good night story. was read, and we had to battle all that excitement for sleepy time.
Tomorrow off the Magic Kingdom to meet all of our Disney friends.
Oh I'm excited just seeing your pictures! So glad that you are going to do a detailed day-by-day post. It takes time, but I'm so glad that I did that too for memory sake!!! And I think I had the same reaction as Brady when I passed under the sign :) And isn't the soap and message so cool?!? I was in awe as much as the kids were!
ReplyDeleteawesome hotel! I always remember riding through the Contemporary. Looking forward to seeing all the exciting sights that these 2 princesses experienced!
ReplyDelete