Saturday, September 10, 2011

Disney World, Day Three: 1900 Park Fare

On day three, our ‘relaxation’ day, we had another character dining meal. This one was at the Grand Floridian, another Magic Kingdom area resort. I would have to say it is also the most beautiful resort at Disney. The girls had new princess gowns (thanks Grandma) to wear, however Reese choose to wear Brady’s old one. Also Grandma brought both of the girls tiaras, Brady wore hers with pride, Reese wanted it with her but wouldn’t wear it (this comes up again later). I did my best to replicate Cinderella’s hair style for Brady and Reese, well, she wanted her hair to look like Sleeping Beauty, which is just down…check!

IMG_4389IMG_4390IMG_4391

There was a great buffet at this Cinderella themed dinner. I loved the plates they had for the kids.

IMG_4393

Our first character to greet us was Prince Charming, both girls became shy though. So I grabbed Reese’s tiara and got my picture with him.

IMG_4396

Boy were the girls happy to meet Cinderella (again). The funny thing is tonight Cinderella looked eerily similar to Rapunzel Winking smile

IMG_4400

They had a waltz with the characters. Kids could go up to any character and ask to dance with them. The girls were being shy (since the evil step mother was there) and we decided to dance as a family.

IMG_4405

The Evil Step Mother looked just like the cartoon draw of her. My girls wanted NOTHING to do with her. She was in our section of the restaurant visiting table for about 20 minutes and Karl and I stood with the girls far away. Here is where the tiara comes into play. The stepmother saw the “unmanned tiara” and called over one of her daughters. She said her daughter could finally become a princess they have dreamed of. The daughter, Anatasia, put it on and started dancing around. Very cute!

IMG_4409IMG_4413IMG_4418

Here the girls are acting like sisters normally do, and they sang the knightingale song from the movie. They did a great job showing their true personalities.

IMG_4419

After our dinner, we changed the girls out of their dresses so we could head to Downtown Disney…MISTAKE! It was way way way too busy. I made me nervous about how the park was going to be over the weekend.

IMG_4429IMG_4431IMG_4433

 

Next up…Animal Kingdom

3 comments:

  1. beautiful dresses, love that you had a picture with prince charming, and the horse drawn carriage is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that the dining plan with character meals is worth every penny! We didn't do this Cinderella one, but it looked like so much fun. I think my kids would've been scared of the evil stepmother too!!! Cinderella (and Rapunzel) are beautiful :) And your girls looked gorgeous all decked out too!

    PS. So fun that your Mom, sis, and bro-in-law came too! And that picture of Brady swimming is awesome! I wish we had had a downday in the middle of our trip too! We'll do that next time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it was an amazing vacation!!! Loved catching up on your trip and all the fun you had!!! Also, I am still in awe at the matching outfit your mom made for all of you!!!! I just love, love, love them!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete