Friday, September 23, 2011

Helen “Nana” Orthner July 4, 1919-September 23, 2011

Karl’s paternal grandmother lived to be 92 years old. That is a life worth celebrating! She raised four sons (again something worth celebrating)! I always loved visiting Nana, she ALWAYS made me laugh. One of our favorite quotes:

 

The summer after Karl’s paternal grandfather passed (Nana’s husband, Pop-pop), Karl spent the summer helping out with Nana as she adjusted to her move. Karl went in several times a week to see if Nana needed anything. Nana told Karl’s parents, “Karl is only nice when he sleeps”

 

In her honor, here are some of the FOUR generation photos we have to remember her by…

December 2009

IMG_3302IMG_3304IMG_3306IMG_3307IMG_3312

July 4, 2011 Nana’s 92nd Birthday

IMG_5781

 

Let’s celebrate grandparents today. The memories shared across generations are priceless! Helen ‘Nana’ Orthner you are loved and will be missed.

3 comments:

  1. Christy, I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss. Nana sounds like a precious woman to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that Nana has passed away, but am so thankful for the long life and many memories you all shared!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry too Christy! Please tell Karl our condolences. I do have to say that this post made me laugh though when I read her quote. She must have had some serious spark ;)

    ReplyDelete