Friday, October 14, 2011

Announcing to the Girls

Now for a fun and up beat post!

I tested positive very early on Saturday morning. Reese had come into my bedroom for assistance using the bathroom. I tried to go back to sleep but kept thinking about my missed period. I wanted to test but then again I didn't want to see another negative. So after 5 minutes of going back and forth I decided to just go test.

I went in to tell Karl that he "was going to have sparkling grape juice for breakfast." We had bought a bottle of sparkling grape juice for the last new year and forgot to drink it. It was in our fridge, so I told Karl (thinking it was going to happen last winter) we will just drink the juice to cheers when we conceive Dale. So, FINALLY we got to celebrate with that bottle. We decided not to tell the girls just yet, but allowed them to drink the juice with us.

When looking at these pictures, remember I don't normally give my girls juice, hence Reese's face.




 

Well, remember this was Saturday morning and Karl wanted to wait until we got a positive test from the doctors to share with the girls and our family. I was thinking two days is such a long time to hold in that secret. Then I remembered that Monday was a government holiday and that I wouldn't be able to go to the Navy Hospital until Tuesday. Thus I convinced him to let me tell the girls on Sunday morning.

Karl brought them their baby dolls at the breakfast table. Then we started talking about how much they like their 'pretend' baby. We asked them if they wanted a 'real' baby. Then after a couple questions they realized I had a baby in my belly. I was sitting directly across from Brady, so this first picture she is looking at my belly.
 Reese decided that she would have a pretend baby in her belly.
 But then there was the question that my belly wasn't big enough to have a baby. So Karl grabbed an M&M for each girl and explained to them that that baby is currently smaller then the M&M.

 Brady then asked if she could get down to hug and kiss the baby! She was more excited about this then words can describe. Within in the first five minutes she hugged, kissed, poked and tickled the baby.
 Reese is um, somewhat in denial. She will either tell me she doesn't want a baby in my belly or that it is just pretend.

Brady wants me to have a boy since there aren't any boys in the family. She kisses the baby every night during our bedtime routine. She has asked if the baby was going to drink mommy's milk or formula. I think she really wants to bottle feed the baby. Also she told me that she wants to baby to sleep in her room. That when the baby cries she will just pick it up and carry it to me. She has also since asked if the baby is bigger than an M&M yet. Oh,I love how excited she is, I guess it will be a pretty good 5th birthday present for her.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Christy, what a fun thing to be able to share with your girls. I bet they will just get more and more excited as the months go by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We celebrated with sparkling grape juice too!!!

    And I love the way ya'll told the girls and how excited Brady is. She is going to be such a great big sister!!!!

    ReplyDelete