She choose apples and bananas to bring for group snack. Here she is prepping the snack.
Moms, I want to share a trick that the teacher did, that I personally never thought about but it makes a big difference. To make the apples managable for Reese to cut, she sliced them in half horizontally. Therefore, there wasn't as much apple for Reese to push through. Also, the apple is then already cut into little pieces. And if you are like me and end up no where near the core at the bottom, it helps with that too.
Reese choose to bring the Bonsai tree that Kaddie (my father) sent her in the mail last week. The students were very intrigued by the plant and had a in depth conversation as to whether the tree would get a lot bigger.
Reese also got to walk the line and change the date on the calendar.
Reese was very proud to be the leader of the day. And for the first time, she has said she loves preschool. Feels good to hear that, she just had to adjust.
Reese, You were an awesome leader!!!! I am glad that the students liked your Bonsai tree.
ReplyDeleteWhat a big girl and an awesome leader! And I love the apple cutting trick :) Much easier because I don't get the core either!
ReplyDelete