Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tiggerific Fun

This past weekend we celebrated Reese's birthday with a Tigger themed birthday party at a Bouncy House Party place, Jump-N-Party. I remember as soon as I found out I was pregnant with her and she would be a December baby, I immediately worried about how to make her birthday special each year since it is ten days before Christmas. I debated whether I would have to delay decorating for Christmas, etc. Well, this year Reese was beyond excited for her birthday, and at her party she showed so much pride in being the birthday girl which made me very happy! 

Reese, as always, was giving us a hard time about getting dressed, but look how adorable she can be even when she gives us a run for our money.
 Tigger did lots of bouncing at her party!

 I love this sweet photo, the little girl with Reese moved from being our next door neighbor right after the party. This may have been their last chance to play and I love the display of affection!

 I still can't believe how social Reese was at the party. She is pretty much an introvert in large groups. But here she is sliding with 3 other girls, and at one point 6 of them slid down together!

 Tigger themed items are hard to find these days, so I did a lot or orange and black striped things. We did attempt to make some tigger tails with marshmallows and melted chocolate. I have to thank my mom and sister for all the hard work they did for me while I went off an a Christmas party date with Karl. They saved me by preparing for this party! I love them both dearly!!!!

 I love this and wish I had enough room on this blog to post a series of 8 pictures. When Reese tries blow out candles she ends up blowing her bangs. So I have all these photos of her blowing her bangs ;).
 We used all the toys Karl's mom had gotten him as a teenager for centerpieces since these was no party stuff to buy.

To fill the time when they normally allot for opening gifts, I read a Tigger book to all the kids, while Reese sat in the blow up chair.
 Karl and I both wore our Reese's Peanut Butter Cup shirts (that we bought before we had kids).


 We really had a blast at Reese's party and enjoyed celebrating our new three year old.

Thursday was her actual birthday and we treated her to a pedicure.

Friday was an extra special day at preschool! First of all, it was Reese's day to celebrate her birthday with the class. She got to be leader of the day and have her timeline read as she walked the sun. It was also Grandparents' Day at the school. I was excited that my mom came in town for her birthday party but would also get to participate in Grandparents' day too. Aunite Andi joined in the fun as well (one girl told Reese she loved both of her grandmas)

Before 'line time' when she gets to do her special timeline, she did two pieces of work: play-doh and jelly rolls. With the play-doh she enjoyed cookie cutting shapes and making balls that she would proceed to stick her fingers through. The jelly roll is a slice of bread that she flattens, spreads on jelly, rolls it up and then slices it. I loved it becuase she made Grandma eat 2/3 of it.








Then at line time she got to walk around the sun after a timeline of each year was read. Reese may have walked around more like 15 times, so she aged a little during the ceremony ;) Then the kids sing her happy birthday in English and German. Then she gets to blow out the candle (remember she needs assistance on this).

Then lastly, to celebrate we brought the books Reese collected in lieu of gifts to the Children's Home Society of Florida. She collected 46 new children's books to give to children in need. Gay, who collected our donation, was very patient and kind with Reese. She made Reese fell very special for bringing these in. 

Happy Birthday sweet girl! I loved celebrating with you!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Reese! What a fun party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how awesome this party seemed to have been!!! Happy birthday again Reese!!! I remember holding her and I cannot believe how fast time has flown!!!! Have I told you before that I am soo proud of your kids for being so selfless and always collecting "gifts" for others on their birthday!!!??? C has not yet had a birthday party (we always seem to be moving so it's just us having a way too big cake between the 3 of us and one present!) but I WILL be starting this tradition too!!! It is just too great of an idea to not adopt!!! of course we're moving AGAIN ... but I think I may have his party 1 month earlier ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this theme and that she was able to celebrate with your mom and Andi!!

    ReplyDelete