Tonight I want to dedicate a post to just Brady (yes, Reese and Elliot are to follow).
Brady started Kindergarten four weeks ago. I have already seen tons of growth in her. Going to school over six hours a day really does make a difference. She is able to retain the foreign languages she is learning; sign language, German and Spanish. She is more interested in vocabulary, constantly asking what words mean to confirm her definition from context.
I have also loved watching her grow in gymnastics. When she started in dance she was a natural talent. She has a natural ballet line and picked up right away. With gymnastics, she is in a 5 and 6 year old class, with girls that have already taken for a year or two. She is not a natural. She has been practicing all over the house though. Within three weeks, she can now do a bridge and is pretty close to a cart wheel. She is becoming quite the dare devil; climbing up to the top of sofas and jumping off or...
We have also watched her love of reading develop. She has a HUGE interest in chapter books being read to her. She is also able to summarize at the end of the chapter accurately in 4-5 sentences. We currently have an American Girl compilation book of 6 novels. She is determined to finish the whole thing before we have to return it 3 weeks later.
Here is a recent funny story that really demonstrates her personality. Karl and Reese were at soccer. Elli was sleeping and I was cooking dinner. Brady entertaining herself outside, digs up dirt and wants to plant seeds.
I provide her with some seeds and she states she needs to make a calendar chart to remind herself to water the seeds everyday. Using her monthly calendar she writes Sunday through Saturday on a piece of paper. She shows me and states that she messed up on the W for Wednesday. I assure her that we can still understand what it says. We work on creating a chart together. She wants a stapler to complete the chart so I give her one and then finish my chores. This is what I come up to next...
She taped it to the sliding glass door and everything. I was wondering why the handwriting paper got added but didn't think much about it. Then I realized it is Brady and she does everything for a reason. Since she messed up her W, she attached the W handwriting paper so that she can practice her Ws every time she waters! She is her father's child!
Brady, I love you for your beauty inside and out. You are my big helper with perseverance like none other. I love that the times I have to 'get on' you about something, it is because you are trying to help out too much! I love that you have a deep sense of who you want to be. I hope that you keep all these personality traits. You are going places!
What a sweet, smart girl!
ReplyDeleteI love you Brady!
ReplyDeleteWow!!! Brady, I am very impressed with your calendar. I love all those little squares that you made. I am also impressed with your jumping skills. That is a long way to jump. You are a very smart, beautiful girl. I LOVE YOU bunches and I miss you.
ReplyDeletewhy in the world is she growing up so fast? She is so smart just like her momma!
ReplyDeleteLoved reading your spotlight posts! You have three very unique and special girls!
ReplyDelete