Sunday, September 16, 2012

Spotlight on Reese

Reese is our easy going comedian. She has the natural ability to make us laugh without even trying. She will make faces or say things that just has me rolling. For example, just tonight, she comes out from her bedroom and says "I need a band-aid right here (pointing to her upper arm),, Brady almost bit me!"


I recently asked Reese's school teacher how she was doing since we have had listening issues at home. Her teacher said she is doing great but runs on her own clock. All I could think was, if you only really knew. Reese knows how to make a 30 second task take 15 minutes. After she goes potty, she will just sit there and stare into space for five minutes. I wish I knew what she was thinking when she does all that! I bet it is pretty interesting...

I also love watching Reese dance to music. Her smile as she floats across the floor is so contagious. She gets into her own world and just loves life, which makes me seize the moment.

Reese has a great interest in board games these days. She is a natural at board games. In Guess Who, she is able to ask the correct questions to whittle down the crowd. In memory (when she is attentive), she can honestly win the game. But all the while, she isn't in it to win, she enjoys the act of playing. I love that about her. It is about the journey not the destination.

Reese, you are my middle daughter. I think you are perfectly sandwiched. You are the peanut butter in the Orthner sandwich. You have always loved the peanut butter more then the bread, therefore I think it is the perfect spot for you. You know how to play the games that Brady makes up for you, and share selflessly like none other. But at the same time, you are great at being role model for Elliot and looking out for her whenever you can. You are the best big/little sister ever. My wish for you is that you continue to love being the 'lucky' one that gets to have an older and younger sister. Thanks for all the smiles, Beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, fun little girl! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet thing! I agree she is in the perfect spot for the Orthner crew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara DeWees aka" Grandma"September 18, 2012 at 9:19 AM

    I love you Reese. You make me very happy with your cute smile and fun loving personality. Your Mommy used to beat me in the Memory game when she was 4 years old. Watching you is like reliving your Mommy's childhood.

    ReplyDelete