Thursday, October 4, 2012

Playing Hookie

So my poor Brady girl keeps spiking a fever at dinner time for the last three nights. She is fine all day (constant checking tells me so) with no symptoms and then BAM at 5:00 spikes to 102 fever. School rules (and common etiquette) state that she must be fever free for 24 hours before returning to school. So essentially during the day she feels fine but has to play hookie. So today we decided to make the most of it.

Let's start off with a lunch date (alfresco) with Daddy on base! I am quite pumped about how adorable this quick picture turned out.
So next I asked the girls if they wanted to go to the park or the beach next. Don't look at the picture below to guess their response...they wanted to go to the park. We headed over to the base park, only to be told they would get 10 minutes of play because they were about to spray the sand with chemicals to kill the grass growing. So we walked to the beach to "just play with the sand". Well, just playing with the sand led to "mommy, can we just put our feet in the water" then to "why can you get so much deeper without your pants getting wet mommy?" to my statement "well, there is no one else on this beach so lets break our modesty rules" I will say I felt rather European...or Russian (thinking back to St. Petersburg and kids of all ages stripping to play in public fountains).

They had a blast, the outside weather was 80 degrees but I am pretty sure the water was just as warm!

Elli hung out in her stroller. Her daily antibiotics make her vulnerable to the sun, so she just enjoyed the breeze. See her on the walkway?!?!?!
What a fun day of playing hookie! Why not make the most of a unpredictable fever and living in a state that has only two seasons: 11.5 months of summer and 2 weeks of winter.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about her fever, but glad you had such a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come play hookie with you. Love the picture of Karl with his three cuties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so.much.fun. Did you ever figure out what caused the fevers at night?

    ReplyDelete