Monday, April 5, 2010

"Take it to the bank"

Ever since we opened a savings account for the girls in January, Brady will point out the building as we drive by and say, "That's the bank, that's where my pennies are." The girls recently received a twenty dollar bill each from Grandma for Easter. So I decided to take them back to the bank so they could have the experience of depositing the money into their account. So both girls picked out a purse...



Then we headed off the to bank. They were so proud of themselves and their purses as they were walking into the bank. Reese kept holding her purse up for everyone to see and Brady kept sticking her hand inside to make sure her money was still there. (Very fitting of their personalities).



They did a great job waiting in line for their turn. I also gave them their member access card that they had to keep up with in their purse. I believe they enjoyed the responsiblity.



After depositing the money, Brady and Reese eagerly anticipated getting to have hand sanitizer. Yes,  I turned the teller's lollipops, but let Brady further her OCD tendencies by getting hand sanitizer!

The bank trip was lots of fun...I love it when fun comes from learning!

3 comments:

  1. I love the faces Reese makes for the Camera.

    I bet they have more pennies in their bank then I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who would have known that something that we often take for granted is appreciated so much by your little ones. :) What a fun trip for the gals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! Love that you let them carry their money in their purses! So cute!

    ReplyDelete