is when people throw their cigarette butts out the windows or on the ground in general! I feel like the people think they aren't littering or something. It drives me absolutely insane when people do that. I think to myself, would that same person ball up paper and throw it out the window, because by the time they have thrown like 5 cigarette butts out the window, they might as well have thrown a full sheet of paper out the window.
My sister and I used to say in high school (yes, this has been my pet peeve for at least 10 years) that we wanted to clean up all butts and keep them in the our trunks. When we saw someone throw one out we would follow them to their house and then dump like 4 garbage bags full of butts in their yards. Needless to say, this was only a dream that we knew better than to fulfill.
But here is the thing about my pet peeve... it makes me dislike a smoker in general, whether or not I know if that person litters. I just assume when I see a smoker that they litter too. Therefore, I have stereotyped smokers as litterers! Thus, I tend not to like smokers! Which is against my morals to be prejudice. What a catch 22...
Aren't you glad I gave you a glimpse inside my head today ;)
I always love getting a glimpse inside your head!
ReplyDeleteis littering a bigger pet peeve then when someone says
ReplyDeletePIN number or ATM machine?