Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Am I suppose to ‘read’ into this?

I know I have had a lot of blurbs lately of random ‘experiences’ with the girls, but this one is worth sharing…

 

We had a picnic for Karl’s work today at the Navy recreation park. I was bringing Brady with me to the restroom and as we were walking to the stand alone building, Brady is telling me “Mommy, you go in the women’s not the men’s, okay mommy?” So just like I normally do, I gave her a little quiz. I asked how do we know the difference between men and women restrooms. I waited for the answer I expected, that one picture there is a girl wearing a dress and the men’s has pants… Well, I didn’t get an answer right away, and continuing to be part mom and part teacher, I used wait-time (which is like 15 seconds for young kids) and we walked in silence. Well, by this point and time we had reached the bathrooms and there weren’t the usual stick figures to denote the gender of the bathroom….

 

Well, that apparently didn’t matter, Brady points and says”M E N, mommy that is the men’s don’t go in there” Did I just hear my ears correctly? So we turned towards the women restroom and she showed me W-O-M-E-N and told me the was the women’s.

 

So a couple hours later, in the car, I asked what does M-E-N spell. She says “men”!

 

So the first word Brady successfully read (at least that I know of) is men…Am I suppose to ‘read’ into this?

3 comments:

  1. She's a smart girl all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm telling you...that girl is too smart for her own good :) Way to go Brady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Brady! You are so smart!!!!

    ReplyDelete