Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sly as a Fox

So I love that my girls are trying to be sly in their own right.

Reese's thing she has been doing for a couple weeks is when she gets food she doesn't like she will hover her hand over her food and say "haut" (hot). She thinks she can fool us into believing that the food isn't cooled off enough! I think that is pretty sly for a 20 month old!

Brady;s calendar has been updated recently because we have quite a bit of company in the next few months. And since she asked me everyday if she gets to go to preschool, we decided to notate preschool days with a pink star (drawn with crayon). This morning she asked to go to preschool and so I took her to her calendar and showed her there was no pink star on there and told when the next day would be. Well tonight when I was putting her to bed, I noticed her calendar had been modified. She had taken a red colored pencil from her art supplies and added scratches I am assuming were her attempt to be stars, on today tomorrow, and the next day and all the Mondays of the month. I guess she enjoys preschool!

The other time she was cunning, she actually fooled me, but Daddy knew better. As many of you know, I am not big into bribing with candy or sugar filled treats when it comes to rewarding behavior. the only thing I have really given her a sweet  treat for on a regular basis is waking up with a dry pull-up since we have such a tough time of it. So the dry mornings are now happening once or twice a week, which is great progress. Earlier this week we had two straight mornings with a dry pull-up. I was SO excited and thought we were having a break through. I was about to get her candy when Daddy walked in and informed me that she woke him up at 5ish and changed her pull-up since it was wet. The things she will do for sugar!!!

I have a feeling this is only the beggining, once they team up to be sly I am in trouble!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh those are sly moves!!! What cuties they are though!

    ReplyDelete