Friday, February 25, 2011

Roundy-Rounds

“Roundy-Rounds” in the Orthner household is a Sunday ritual. For those that don’t know, Roundy-rounds refers to NASCAR. Karl has been OBESSESSED from the day I met him (well before then actually, but I can only speak about this time forward). During the 10 month season of NASCAR our weekend plans must revolve around when the race is on. I have found this to be the PERFECT time to grocery shop.

 

The biggest race of the year, Daytona 500, is also the first race of the year. We have had a kick off party every year since we have been married. Deployments and stomach bugs have interrupted the party from truly being annual but who’s counting. In the past years we fried a turkey and that was always a hit. This year I decided to go a different more creative route. We had a Daytona International Party…yep a DIP where all the guests were asked to bring a dip!

 

We had five families over and it was a blast. With a total of ten kids over playing you would have thought it was a mad house, but it went really well. Our friends brought over their jump house…AWESOME! Our dips included artichoke, pizza dip, queso meat, buffalo chicken, french onion, fruit dip, and more yumminess! Here is pictures of all the fun

 

IMG_3298IMG_3291IMG_3287IMG_3283IMG_3282IMG_3278IMG_3276IMG_3273

 

Also another tradition I started last year was home made GO HARVICK shirts for the girls. I cut up one of Karl’s old Kevin Harvick fan club shirts (yes, you read that right, he is a long standing member of the fan club, I love my little dork) and then sew together a toddler sized shirt.

 

Here is this year’s shirts, well dresses since my girlie girls always insist on wearing dresses:

IMG_3260IMG_3269IMG_3254

 

And I posed them for the 2010/2011 comparison!

IMG_3249IMG_3946

GO HARVICK!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea, Christy! I might have to steal the DIP party idea :) Super cute!

    PS. Love the girls outfits! You are so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete