This year we didn’t know of any Super Bowl parties going on. Not that it matters because we would have had to leave during the first half anyways to put Reese down for the night. But anyways, as I was thinking about past parties and parties in general, I quickly started thinking about the food and all the pigging out I LOVE to do on appetizer type foods. So we decided to eat party foods for dinner tonight, our little family of four, and we did so at our coffee table to complete the atmosphere.
I didn’t exactly get the party food I dream of (buffalo chicken dip, jalepeno poppers, etc) because we had to make the menu Karl and kid friendly. We did have a mini meat and cheese tray, and I mean mini! But I think it was experience enjoyed by all. Brady was pretty hyper for the rest of the night. We had planned to make cookies and eat with the girls but we had to put that off until they were asleep because Brady had enough natural energy to contain!
An interesting observation from the night, which shows the girls’ personalities, was that Brady filled her plate with a little bit of everything and then started eating. Reese on the other hand ate straight from the bowls and used her plate for the food she tasted but didn’t like.
Oh how fun! A kid and family Super Bowl party!!! I think I like the parties for the food too. Oh, and my mouth is watering thinking of your buffalo chicken dip:)
ReplyDeletePS. I smiled with the descriptions of the kids' plates! Love that observation!
Getting those girls starting early on Super Bowl parties. Fun times.
ReplyDeleteWe sat on the couch and ate on TV trays. Claire thought she was so big! Too bad the Steelers lost, but it was a fun evening.
ReplyDeleteI love food like that too, so Brian and I did the exact same. Snacky dinners are so much fun!
ReplyDelete