I LOVE this parenting thing. I have recently learned that my little girls have a compassionate heart that is larger then life. They say in psych classes that at 2 or 3 years old that their thought process revolves around their individual world. I have learned differently.
For this story, remember I have two ‘mama’s girls’ that are starting to turn the corner on how awesome daddy is now that he isn’t deploying! When Karl dropped us off the airport for our 10 day NC/VA trip, I went through security and then straight to the food line (surprised anyone?). I was searching the menu for appropriate food for the little ones, when I look down at Brady. I saw sweet little puppy eyes, trying really hard not to let the tears boil over. When I asked her what was wrong. I got the response that she wanted Daddy to come with us. She gave him a call to say she missed him, before he could even get back in the car at the parking deck.
Time lapse 3 weeks forward. I went to wake her up for preschool this morning. She was mumbling “daddy” over and over. When she finally opened her eyes, she was QUITE upset to see me. I got the same pitiful look that I did at the airport. She wanted daddy not to be at work and wanted him to wake her. You know, this made me happy, ironically. The girls finally see how AWESOME their daddy is.
Now for Reese’s large heart. Today Dewy had yet another GI problem (details left out here). I had to drop Dewy off at the vet midday to be treated. I explained to the girls Dewy was sick and needed to stay there at the doctor to get better. As we were walking out, Reese starts whining that “I want to bring Dewy home at daylight”. She didn’t want to leave him there and I had to really talk her down before I could leave to go home.
I love these girls of mine!
No comments:
Post a Comment