One of the truths about living a life of the military is lots and lots of good-byes.
Besides all the good-byes you have when you move every three years, there are all the in between ones that happen randomly. In each new city I tend to befriend those with similar life style (don’t we all). Well that means I have almost exclusively military spouses for friends here in Pensacola.
My next door neighbors, Jeff and Danielle, were the very first faces to greet us here in Pensacola. We pulled into the driveway of our new house as they were pulling in from their Christmas vacation. Their warm welcome made me think, I can handle this move and I will enjoy myself here (I hadn’t been thinking that). We have learned since that they are some of the most generous and caring people we have ever known.
Well, we are going to have to say farewell to them in a couple weeks, and we as a whole family are VERY sad about that! We recently enjoyed a lovely Chick-fil-a meal with Danielle and feed some nearby ducks too.
I know you will enjoy this picture story. The girls were PUMPED about the feeding ducks when we mentioned it, so we loaded up with cereal and bread. When we pulled up and opened our van doors the mass congregated. That excitement soon turned to nerves as the girls saw this!
Reese decided staying in her car seat was the best bet, while Brady took the approach of being 18 inches off the ground.
When Reese saw the fun to be had, she got really adventurous and threw some bread…
…that landed in the car!
Brady meanwhile to step down with Danielle and give it a try up close.
She even fed those in the water, including the turtles.
After much observation, Reese realized there was nothing to worry about and joined in on the fun!
We even saw some babies…
…threw them some bread (see it in the air?)….
…that they nibbled on!!!!
DANIELE AND JEFF WE WILL MISS YOU!!! :`(
No comments:
Post a Comment