This post is for all my mommies out there with little ones. We recently attended the birthday party of Sydney, one of Brady’s best friends. Sydney’s mom, Jennifer, did an amazing job planning this Dr. Seuss party and I wanted to let you see all the details. This would be a great party for either gender, or for those moms out there with boy/girl twins (not that I have anyone in mind
).
The invitation which I don’t have a picture of featured an adorable rhyme (very Dr. Seuss like) highlighting Sydney's first four years and then telling us about the party.
Upon entering you saw this on the door:
There were riddles all over the house set up at stations. I didn’t get a picture of all the riddles, but they were super clever. The stations included decorating your own notebook (the first page had a message from the birthday girl), making Cat in the Hat party hats out of paper, making edible hats out of ritz crackers, icing and gummy red lifesavers, and making Fox on Sox Socks with fabric paint.
Cutest party hats ever!
Jennifer also spared no detail when it came to the food. Horton PB&J sandwiches, ham sandwiches with green eggs, Yertle Turtles and list the list of adorableness goes on…
One super fun activity was the Green Egg Hunt. Kids were instructed to find 5 green eggs with goodies inside (hint she spray painted her Easter eggs to have enough green eggs). Once they found the green ones, they were to look for one red with white polka dot egg with their name on it. Inside the red egg were the hint for the next activity in the party.
Here is what was behind that door with number 4…A CANDY BUFFET! The riddle at this table was extra sweet because it told the kids to ask their mommies for the candy (and not be a brat about it). I really do wish the poems would have been readable in the pictures.
There was also a book for the kids to sign as a keepsake for the birthday girl.
Here are other details of the party. The goody bags were labeled so as the kids completed each station they could drop that craft into the goody bag to take home at the end of the party. SO MUCH FUN!
Awesome party huh?
What an awesome party! The kindergarten teacher in me is loving how organized she had everything...stations for the kids and bags to put their completed projects in :)
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA, Kathy, she taught elementary school before becoming a SAHM too! You guys can spot each other ;)
ReplyDeleteOh, thanks Christy... you made it look better than it even was =). If you (or anyone else) would like me to email them the poems I wrote for each station/activity, I would be happy to do so.
ReplyDeleteKathy, I was thinking the same thing!!! Gotta be a teacher :)
ReplyDeleteChristy, I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!!!! I can't scream that loud enough. Coming up with boy/girl twin parties is so hard, but this is excellent. I'm bookmarking this page right now!!! Thanks friend for documenting all the details and passing along the ideas!!!
Love you!
Unbelievable! How awesome. I'm so NOT in this league of birthday parties with such intricate, adorable details (like your parties for your girls too). Definitely should be featured in a Parents magazine in my opinion.
ReplyDeleteHow fun for parents and kids!!!!!
I hope my boys get invited to parties like this...because sadly their mom doesn't have in in her (me!) to do those!! :)
Amy, you do amazing crafts with them on a weekly basis, they are constantly exposed to your creativity!
ReplyDelete