Sunday, June 26, 2011

Fun Core Workout…

Yep, I just put those two words together…that is because this morning I went paddle boarding!!!! For those that haven’t heard of this new popular sport. You stand on a 12 foot board (similar to a surf board but bigger) and you use a paddle to push yourself along.

 

I had a blast, of course I was nervous at first, and wobbly, but had my confidence in like 10 minutes and enjoyed the rest of the time.

 

IMG_6958

 

I went with my good friend, Kristen, on base. It was only $4 an hour…can’t beat that. I will tell you going with Kristen made me nervous because she is a super athlete (went to college on soccer scholarship). She also runs like 5 miles a day. I figured I would be seriously struggling while she would just get it. I was surprised, there were two falls and I was the dry one. I guess my years of ballet have finally paid off in a sport.

 

If you ever have the chance to paddle board, DO IT!

4 comments:

  1. What.... no pictures of you on the board?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then, I guess it was money well spent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of paddle boarding, but it sounds like it would be fun! I'd totally be in the water though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is awesome. Would have loved to seen a video. :)

    ReplyDelete