Today Brady had her LONG awaited birthday party. She has been talking about her party since we started planning Reese’s party last October. She choose to have a Minnie Mouse party at the pool. It was very fun to plan and since it was at the pool, there was fun had by all at the party. Here are the details:
I made the invitations…pink and sparkles. Brady’s two favorite things
The cake; look at all the subtle details (thanks to my anonymous baker for working your butt off for this!)
Here is the table all set up. I made the banner with my scrapbook Cricut machine.
There were some details that got lost once the food was out, but I got platters so that they would be in the shape of the Minnie heads.
Everybody enjoyed the pools a little before cake time.
The beach entry pool was perfect for the babies in the group.
The wind prevented Brady from being able to blow out her candles. She was a little disappointed but didn’t let it stop her from having fun.
As you can tell, they wore themselves out! The sweet thing in this picture is the same towel is covering both their laps. I love how they share.
In lieu of gifts, Brady collected items for the local Ronald McDonald House. She was very proud of her collection and can’t wait to bring it to the house.
One card she rec’d had a sticker cake, so she started blowing those candles out…
So we put a candle in the leftover cake and let her blow out the candle at home.
Lastly for party favors I made each kid a tie dye mickey or minnie shirt.
While you make think I am crazy for tie dying that many shirts, I got it done for about $2.50 per shirt! For me that is exciting to be able to get something done for less. I think of it as the labor of love!
Well at dinner tonight, we spent the whole time talking about what Reese wants for her party in December…my girls like to party plan!
What a fun party Christy! You're an amazing hostess that thinks of all of the details! I bet everyone LOVED the favors. You could easily spend that much on favors that would break/not get played with!
ReplyDeleteOh...and the invitations are gorgeous! Are they totally paper or did you use a different material for the pocket part?
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Christy! This was such a cute party! I love the sparkly invites (too cute!), the cake is incredible, and the favors...you just blow me away! Sure wish we lived closer and could have come!!! You are a great party planner and hostess!
ReplyDeletePS. Love the gifts to the Ronald McDonald house. Love, love, love it!
This is fantastic! I just wish we were all closer to share in the celebration. You did an amazing job Christy, and I love it how ever year you instill the gift of giving to others!
ReplyDeleteadorable!! can i fly you in to plan C's for me, since it is 2 days before my due date??? ;)
ReplyDeleteFantastic!!!!!!!! Adorable details....you are gifted :) and your girls are so lucky!
ReplyDeleteLove the idea of collecting items for those less fortunate. We may do that next year too! Great idea and teaches so much.